Recent Happenings

Sunday, January 29, 2006

So now I'm on IAC too?

So I had said in an earlier post that I was learning "Blackbird." Well, I learned it! Sort of, I guess. And not knowing where to upload the music to, I put it up on IAC. As a friend told me, this may not be completely um...legal? Since it is a cover and all, but he also told me Paul McCartney probably will not be hunting me down anytime soon. Still, I'm a little...scared? -- But that's good because that will give me reason to start writing my own songs. For now check it out and let me know what you think, ok? I recorded it quickly so it's not really that spectacular, and I wouldn't really consider myself a singer, but for now it's the best it can be.

Leave me love on my IAC page.
http://independentartistscompany.com/artist.aspx?id=29834

6 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Sarah,

Not bad. Key might have been a bit low for your voice, though. Remember, you can utilize head resonance as well as throat! :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, me and my opinions!

Jack

1:16 AM EST  
Blogger Rose said...

Sarah,

I've put an mp3 up on my blog for you... Jaco Pastorius covered Blackbird. I don't know if you've ever heard any Jaco, or if you are a fan, but he is a BRILLIANT bass player. Please come and check it out HERE

Jack

1:54 AM EST  
Blogger TheStLouieWhoie said...

I was tagged by lzygrl, now I have to tag five other bloggers...consider yourself tagged. LOL You have to post five things that you would like to reveal about yourself ;)

I can't wait to get home and watch your videos. You have inspired me to post a couple of mine. I iwll also give a listen to your song on IAC.

Love, Denise

2:37 PM EST  
Blogger elena said...

Wonderful Sarah!!! Beautiful voice and very nice guitar playing...I'm sure Sir McCartney will be very proud of you :):):)

5:56 PM EST  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Hi Sarah,
Listened the other day, and I left you a message at the station. You sounded great. Your voice reminds me of someone. I hate to say that, and then not tell you WHO, but I can't really think of it. Did anyone tell you ur voice is similar to anyones?

BTW, When my husband and I were introduced as "HUSBAND & WIFE", at our wedding, we walked into the opening chords from "EMINENCE FRONT"...it's a great song, powerful intro. It was also sort of a "spoof" on our elaborate affair. But, really it was "kick ass" sounding, and so was the party.

12:54 PM EST  
Blogger Rich Greiner said...

I'm impressed. Good guitar playing. Not the easiest to learn. You are more adept at playing than I thought. P.S. When the Who is in town we can still get front row- I've been with too many people who aren't true Pete/Who fans, It would be fun to hang out with someone that is.Hope your doing well. Rich

2:18 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home