Recent Happenings

Friday, April 28, 2006

Squirrels

Sitting in class talking about screenplays right now...

Yesterday we found three baby squirrels in our front yard. They were so tiny and cute and the mother seemed nowhere to be found. Two of them were hopping around and climbing up trees, but the third was tired and weak. My mother put it in a box and I took care of it all day. Gave it a bath and pedialyte and kept it warm, and then at the end of the day found a rehabilitator to take care of it. I have such respect for these people who do this. They get swamped with wild animals because nobody wants to take care of them. I called local vets and they wouldn't see it, I called the police and they said if they picked it up that they would destroy it...I practically hung up on them. So now the squirrel is in good hands and being taken care of, and hopefully should be released in the next few weeks. A few weeks ago a pigeon landed on our front steps with a badly hurt wing. I took that in as well and called this same rehabilitator who took it in and bandaged the wing. She said it is starting to heal up and eventually will be released.

I love being able to help animals but I don't know what's up with them all showing up on my doorstep. It's sad for me to see them hurt, and I always end up wondering/worrying if they're going to make it. I'm a dork.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonfire Jones said...

That's very cool of you to help those animals out. I'm an animal lover & at one time I actually had 5 cats & 1 dog!

It's heart-breaking to see animals hurt or abused. They are so innocent & helpless.

On behalf of the Animal Kingdom... Thank you for caring.

4:35 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

8:14 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

3:11 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home